Ginny grew up in North Minneapolis and graduated from Patrick Henry High School. She got her undergraduate Degree from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities with a major in Political Science with a focus in Law and Politics and a minor in Sociology: Law, Criminology, and Deviance. While at the University of Minnesota Ginny was a Dean’s List recipient. She then pursued her legal education at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota where she graduated and was also a Dean’s List recipient.
While at William Mitchell she was accepted as a member of the Warren E. Burger Inns of Court, a group of lawyers, judges, legal educators, and others aimed to promote excellence in legal advocacy within the courts. Ginny also participated in the Moot Court Trial Competition, and focused her studies on trial work and skills by taking multiple clinics and trial advocacy courses. During law school Ginny worked as a paid certified student attorney with the Minneapolis City Attorney’s Office for almost two years where she appeared and represented the City of Minneapolis in the Community and Serious Traffic Arraignment Courtrooms under the student practice rules. Ginny also worked for the firm Dorsey & Whitney in the conflicts department for over four years and did a clerkship with the Honorable Timothy K. Connell – Judge of District Court after graduating law school. Ginny worked as a public defender in Southwestern Minnesota for over 10 years where she was part of the Public Defender Statewide Forensics DNA Team. She helped train other public defenders in DNA. She continues to keep up to date on all forensic issues which impact criminal cases. Ginny was admitted to the bar in 2006 and remains in good standing.
For more information please visit her website: https://www.vbarronlawoffice.com
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, MN – B.A., 2003
- William Mitchell College of Law – St. Paul, MN – Juris Doctor, 2006
- Minnesota State Bar - Admitted 2006
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers.
- Fellow in the American Academy of Forensic Sciences.
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Convention Committee 2022 - Present
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association One Profession Planning Committee August 2020 - present
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, where she has held the offices of Vice President and President of the Minnesota State Bar Association – 13th District.
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association – 13th District Ethics Committee from 2008 – 2014.
- Past member of the Minnesota Cornerstone Drug Court Team 2012-2015
- Past member of the Minnesota Judicial Branch – Children’s Justice Initiative.
- Prior Member of the Warren E. Burger Inns of Court, St. Paul, MN (2005-2006).
- Birkholz & Associates (Birkholz Law, LLC), Attorney, June 2022 - present
- Owner and Solo Practitioner of Barron Law Office, practicing in Criminal Defense, Family Law, Juvenile Delinquency, and Juvenile Protection cases, March 2012 -June 2022
- Assistant Public Defender with the Minnesota Board of Public Defense, March 2012 – June 2022
- Guardian Ad Litem – 5th Judicial District, March 2012 – December 2016
- Clerkship with the Honorable Timothy K. Connell – Judge of District Court, July 2006 - March 2012
- Paid Certified Student Attorney with the Minneapolis City Attorney’s Office, September 2004 - June 2006
- Dorsey & Whitney, LLP, March 2002 - June 2006
- Congregational President of Grace Lutheran Church Westbrook, MN January 2019 – January 2022
- Grace Lutheran Church Westbrook – Youth Coordinator 2007 - 2022
- Union Steward, and Negotiations Committee Member for Teamsters Local 320 –Public Defender Bargaining Unit January 2018 – May 2022
- Past member of the Westbrook-Walnut Grove School Board.
- Current member of the physician recruitment committee with Sanford Westbrook.
- Established and ran the Westbrook Legal Self Help Center.
- Volunteered as a mock trial coach.
- Volunteered a mock trial judge.
- Volunteered with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services in family law (2004 – 2005).
- Previously volunteered with Crystal Care Center to participate in weekly activities with seniors (2003 – 2006).
- Previous reading Volunteer with Bethune Elementary School in Minneapolis (2003-2005).
- Previous Volunteer with CLUES (Chicanos Unidos En Servicio) April 2003 – September 2003.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Criminal Defense
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – 2014 Top 10 Under 40
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer; awarded to those members who perform 50 hours of pro bono legal services to low income individuals.